Google Docs is great for:
- anyone who travels so you can access your documents anytime anywhere
- groups who want to collaborate on various projects
- those who only use word processing software once in a while and don’t want to buy and download software on their computer...
Why Google Doc's is becoming so popular:
- You store your documents online, so you can access your documents from any computer
- No need to transfer documents to flash or portable drives or "synch" anything
- Works great with all Microsoft Office products, such as Word, Excel & PowerPoint, as well as OpenOffice, so you can upload or download your files.
- You can export documents as PDF files, so if you have Office 97-2003, this is a great/free way to convert documents to PDFs without having to upgrade to Office 2007 or 2010, or use other plug-ins
- Easy to collaborate on projects-you can make a document public or show it to others by sending a link. If you want to allow others to work on the document, you can send out an email to others notifying them that they can access the document.
Use your existing email account to sign into & set-up a Google Account-this video on YouTube explains just how to do that: