Friday, November 30, 2012

Cloud Computing & Music

This is a note I received from Bob Donovan (a wonderful Instructor on our Team in Boston who loves his music) who applauds using Cloud Computing for all of his music...  

"My music is stored in iTunes on my computer. But I've also put it up in Amazon's music cloud (basically because of the Kindle that I own).  

Currently I have 50,595 songs in the cloud. On my computer these songs take up 224 GB. I'm paying Amazon $24.99 per year for this storage. So far, I'm really pleased with it. It's not as simple or beautiful as iTunes, but it works great and I don't think there's any limit.

Naturally, I normally have to use the search function to find an artist or song or album and that seems to work fine online.  

I also downloaded Amazon's picture storage app, but haven't tried to use it yet-will keep you posted"  

Once you pay for an "app" you can download that app to multiple devices, such as your smartphone - kindle - tablet - etc...How does it know, because Amazon (like other companies) stores the information in your Amazon Account. 

To check these "apps" out, or all that Amazon offers, here is the link to the Amazon App Store for Androids...(or you can just go to www.Amazon.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment