If you want to use the new features available in your Office 2007 Software Application program on the “older document” you will first have to convert older Office documents to Office 2007 format.
The feature to covert older Office documents to Office 2007 format is very useful – one example s that now in Excel 2007 you can use 1.1 million rows – whereas the older versions of Excel only offered you sixty-five thousand rows.
Seriously though, converting to use the new features is quick and easy and worth the change. The method to convert older Office documents to Office 2007 format is the same for all applications, but we are using and example of a Word document of previous version. Again, when you open a Word or Excel document of an older version, you will see [Compatibility Mode] as part of the title on the Title Bar…So, to convert older Office documents to Office 2007 format:
- Open the Word document, which you want to convert into Word 2007 format
- Click on the Microsoft Office button on the top left
- Click on Convert on the left hand side of the menu
- Click on the OK button on the Microsoft Word Office dialog box which appears
- By clicking OK, your document is automatically converted to the Word 2007 format
- Now notice that [Compatibility Mode] is no longer part of the title bar